- Imaging systems like CT and MRI brought progress to patient diagnosis
- Imaging systems for surgery like advanced Endoscopes and Operation Micoroscopes opened new possibilities of patient treatment because of magnifying the operation field. In the case of Microscopy in three dimensions.
- Devices used in combination with imaging systems like insufflation, fluid- and irrigation systems, video-systems, shaver and drill devices.
- Development of indication relatated specific surgical instruments, combined with quality progress of production by CNC-machining centers.
- Beginning of integration of information technology in patient treatment processes
But all these inventions are only useful in the hands of responsible surgeons, which guided the technical developments, articulated by their anatomical and treatment experiences, in the right direction. They extended interventions, but applying considered and recognized the limitations of the range of indications. This approach is still valid today.